Believe it or not, I performed, again. My school had it's last Family Day last Saturday!
Furthermore, it could also be SU's Got Talent's last year as well.
Joey decided to join this year again for the fun of it and she got through to the auditions :) So, last Saturday was the finals. She wanted to make her performance much more "lively" than her previous ones and also, since it could be the last talent competition as well.
She wanted to make it a memorable one so Joey and I thought, why not back up dancers?
So after all the hassle, the decision was made and
Shanice, Vishag, Vishal, Naufal, Azim and I decided to be her backups :)
The whole theme for the performance was about flashback music; as in from the current songs and to the 2000's and to the 90's. Joey sang "Only Girl" by Rihanna a capella and then, "Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears and the last but not least, "Wannabe" by Spice Girls! Both of the songs were accompanied by background music :) We only had 3 days of practice and to come up with good yet simple choreography! As you can tell, it was a very last minute preperation.
We wanted to perform with Joey for the fun of it and we didn't have much aim to win the contest since it's a popularity kinda contest than a talent contest. So, we just gave it a try and went all around the school (literally, ALL AROUND THE SCHOOL) to collect coupons as votes.
Which much suprise, JOEY WON!!!!!
The last ever talent competition (well, most probably the last) We're all so proud that we managed to pull it off even though our performance wasn't really perfect... and to top it off Joey won! Which made us all extra proud of Joey.
Still can't believe Joey managed to choreograph the whole performance; what a star! ;D
Which much suprise, JOEY WON!!!!!
The last ever talent competition (well, most probably the last) We're all so proud that we managed to pull it off even though our performance wasn't really perfect... and to top it off Joey won! Which made us all extra proud of Joey.
Still can't believe Joey managed to choreograph the whole performance; what a star! ;D
Now, time for pichas!
The L.A.B crew.
Overall, I had a really good day meeting up with some of my old friends which I've not seen in quite a sometime. I didn't have much time buying stuff, food and even play games coz I was helping Joey collecting votes with the others! I'm so very glad that Joey won :'D All our hard work paid off!
Here's a video of the performance if you missed it!
PS: My school has a very lousy sound system so yea, that explains the horrible music quality.









































No comments:
Post a Comment