Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Kuala Selangor.















Le beggar's chicken.
The chicken is marinated with their secret herbal soup/sauce and then, wrapped around with aluminium foil and clay and after, cooked over charcoal. Pretty interesting! :D












I went down to practically in the middle of nowhere at a oil palm estate for dinner last Saturday night with my family and relatives from Singapore. We went all the way there just to do something unusual and most importantly, to eat the "beggar's chicken". The road trip was about 1 hour and brother & I hopped onto my cousin's car instead of mom's. I was listening to my iPod on shuffle while taking pictures and capturing the beauty of the blue sky scenery.

After dinner with the bugs, yes.. bugs. Bugs were everywhere! Since it was in the middle of a oil palm estate, (literally) there were all sorts of bugs everywhere. Plus, according to mommy, it was the season? AND, they are attracted to light. What are the odds seriously.. So yeah being the "typical" city girl that I am, I was screaming, having mini heart-attacks, shoo-ing away bugs and ewwing all the way throughout the whole dinner. Not forgetting my cousins and brother as well HAHA. Call it embarrassing but I didn't want to eat any weird looking bugs for dinner. Back to the point, we all went to see fireflies after dinner. It was my very first time actually getting to see fireflies in reality and having them to crawl on my leg. Mad awesome experience!!! If you remembered my post back in June/July about my trip to Kuantan, I was actually supposed to be able to see them but it HAD to rain. I've always wanted to see fireflies and now my mission is accomplished :) Definitely an experience I won't forget. All thanks to mom! Love you. The population is decreasing badly and if you haven't seen any yet, I suggest you to experience it! At least once in your lifetime.

HAPPY 1/11/11!

No comments: