Saturday, August 18, 2012

Mushroom and Pancetta Spaghetti.

I took over the kitchen yesterday night! There were a few recipes that I short-listed but I chose to cook an easy pasta - Mushroom and Pancetta Spaghetti. I don't know about most people but I love simple pasta with not too much of flavour. I love creamy pastas but I'll feel guilty after eating it haha. Hence, my obsession over Aglio Olio spaghetti or any pasta which includes mushrooms, mushrooms and more mushrooms! And bacon of course :) My mom and I took the pictures below.


Finely grated parmesan cheese. 


Red peppers/capsicum. 


Chopped parsley!


MUSHROOMS!! 



3 eggs, whisked.


Spaghetti.


With the help of the iPad for instructions and methods on how to cook!

I started off by frying the bacon.



and then I started letting the water to boil in another pot next door.


After cooking the bacon all nice and crispy, I cooked the mushrooms and the red peppers!






Waited for the water to boil and then I added the spaghetti into the pot. After that I tossed the spaghetti in together with the other ingredients.





Voila! 
It tasted pretty good. But since it's my first try, I'm hoping I'll do better next time! I'm planning to cook Carbonara or a pasta recipe with a cream base. Woohoo!!! 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job girl. Can't wait for your next one.

Meagan said...

Thank you momma :)