Saturday, October 25, 2014

Culinary Adventures: Baked Sweet Potato Fries

I've been itching to try out to bake sweet potato fries but never had the motivation to do so. I was craving for some fries from Crazy Potato but the calories.. oh my. So it had led me to out this recipe by Cassie from Blogilates for the first time. It was sorta a 60% success because I overloaded on cayenne pepper and black pepper so it had a heavy spicy taste to it. I wanted the fries to be slightly salty but could still taste the sweetness from the sweet potato.



I scouted for a few other recipes to compare and apparently the blackness from the fries will taste more caramelised than burnt. But in this case, a few of the fries got burnt! SO much fail. I have yet to attempt on this recipe again and remind myself to not overload on the cayenne & black pepper! 

No comments: